Thursday 3 September 2015

The Babadook - Sweded Trailer: Script


Joshua Coe- Mum
Jack Grimshaw- Samuel (Child), Head Teacher, Old Lady (Hooded)
Niamh Gallagher- The Babadook, Assistant Head Teacher
Matthew Levesley- Robbie, Old Lady (talking to mum), Doctor, Babadook voiceover

(Mum and Samuel in bed)
Mum: Where’d you get this?
Sam: On the shelf
Mum: Whether it’s in a word or in a look, you can’t get rid of The Babadook. A rumbling sound then 3 sharp knocks-
Samuel: Bababa dook dook dook
Mum: That’s when you’ll he’s around, you’ll see him if you look

(Mum and Sam search house)
Mum- Nothing bad’s gonna happen, Sam
Sam- Did you think that about my dad before he died?

(Old woman outside)
Old woman- He sees things as they are, that one
Samuel (Voiceover): I promise to protect you if you promise to protect me

(Mum in school with two teachers)
Mum: Oh my God, did he hurt anyone?
Headteacher: The boy has significant behavioural issues

(Mum and Sam in car)
Mum (voiceover): This monster thing has got to stop, alright? It’s just a book, it can’t hurt you.

(Mum sitting with Robbie)
Robbie: Are you alright?
Mum: Yeah, yeah, I’m fine
Robbie: You don’t have to be fine, you know
Mum: Just a bit stressed at the moment

(Mum and doctor in doctors office)
Doctor: All children see monsters
Mum: Not like this!

(Mum in police station talking to officer)
Mum: I’d like to report someone stalking me and my child
(Door swings open)
Sam (Voiceover): You can’t get rid of the babadook!
Babadook (voiceover): You can bring me the boy (x3)
Sam (voiceover) : Don’t let him in! (x5)

(Mum in car with Sam)
Mum: WHAT DO YOU WANT?

(Mum coming towards Sam)
Mum: You are trespassing in my house!

(Mum forces Sam into bath)
Mum: I’m sick Sam, I need help

(Mum screams)

TITLE SCREEN

(Mum under bedsheets)
Mum: It isn’t real, it isn’t real, it isn’t real
Babadook (voiceover): Baba...dook...doook...dooook

No comments:

Post a Comment